[Vision2020] PERSI Update (102008)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Oct 20 15:39:36 PDT 2008

For those of you interested in the economic situation as it concerns
PERSI, the following information was forwarded indirectly from Alan Winkle
(Executive Director, Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho)
concerning PERSI.

----------------------------

The Total Asset Value is $8,737,716,352

The fiscal YTD change per Mellon: -19.87%

Probably the larger issue for us would be our liquidity.  In other word -
can we get to our investment is make payroll?  The answer, for us, is
yes.  We have a separate manager that handles our cash investments and
maintains a high degree of liquidity.  I think Bob (Bob Maynard, Director
of PERSI Investments) said we have cash sufficient for several years of
benefit payments.

Sometimes there are questions about the COLA - which the Board will be
considering at the November 4 meeting and, if necessary, the December 16
meeting.  It will be a tough decision because of the markets since June
30, 2008.  We'll see.

Seeya round town, Moscow.