[Vision2020] The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin XVIII: Abuse Of Power

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 13:43:07 PDT 2008

The Atlantic

The Daily Dish

Andrew Sullivan

19 Oct 2008 06:06 pm

The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin XVIII: Abuse Of Power

The legislative report is very clear. Shall we review its findings in its
own language? Finding
<http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/abuse-of-power
.html>  Number One, released Friday afternoon:

For the reasons explained in section IV of this report, I find that Governor
Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) of the
Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Alaska Statute 39.52.110(a) provides The
legislature reaffirms that each public officer holds office as a public
trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through
official action is a violation of that trust.

Here is what vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin said
<http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/11/palin-denies-abuse-of-authori
ty-in-trooper-case/>  yesterday:

"There was no abuse of authority at all in trying to get Officer Wooten
fired.

In fact, remember, Officer Wooten is still an Alaska state trooper, which is
up to the commissioner and the personnel top brass in the Department of
Public Safety that decides who is worthy of a badge and carryin' a gun in
the state of Alaska. If they think that Trooper Wooten is worthy of that,
that's their decision. I don't micromanage my commissioners and ask them to
hire or fire anyone. And thankfully the truth was revealed there in that
report that showed there was no unlawful or unethical activity on my part."

At some point, the McCain campaign will realize that their veep candidate is
a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.

Again: this is the clear pattern with Palin: she publicly denies reality,
insists on repeating that denial and is unable to deal with real world the
way psychologically healthy people do. That's why I called her lies "odd
lies." They are not the lies of a devious politician. They are much more
troubling than that. They reflect a psyche unable to process fact when it
conflicts with a delusional self-image. She is even worse in this psychotic
denialism than Bush. She is a politician who can only survive in a
propaganda state.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/the-odd-lies--4
.html#more