[Vision2020] The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin I: Firing Monegan

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Oct 20 12:34:19 PDT 2008

I am afraid that I am going to have to call you on this one, Roger.

Care to share with the Viz your indisputable proof that Barack Obama
announced his candidacy for the Illinois state senate from Ayers' house?

Or is this just another Shirley-Ringo-didn't-stand-for-the National-Anthem
claim of yours?

> Taking about lies. Obama said in his debate with McCain that he did not
launch his
political career in Bill Ayees home. It is well documented that he
announced his plans  to
run for the sate senate at a fundraiser in Bill Ayers home.
> Roger

Palin
> > insists are still actually truths. I've updated each item to keep up
with
> > the new information that has come out since the original posting.
> >
> > I'm doing this because Sarah Palin's contribution is to introduce a new
> > level of detachment from reality to our politics. After Bush-Cheney,
this
> > would be hard for anyone. But youbetcha she can.
> >
> > This has been the pattern from the start of her career: a denial of
reality
> > combined with an almost unhinged and unlimited ambition. Since the
press is
> > barred from questioning her thoroughly, since we will never know how
she
> > responds to the long list of untruths she has told - from the smallest
> > biographical detail to the biggest policy - all I can do is remind my
> > readers of the record one more time before November. There are nineteen
> > assertions of factual untruths that I've been able to document.
> >
> > We'll start at the beginning, and Troopergate.
> >
> > The key issue is whether she used her state office to pressure the
public
> > safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law. Here's what she
stated on
> > the record in mid-July if this year:
> >
> > Palin stated on July 17 that Monegan was not pressured to fire Wooten,
nor
> > dismissed for not doing so:[114][117] "To allege that I, or any member
of my
> > family . . . directed disciplinary action be taken against any
employee of
> > the Department of Public Safety, is, quite simply, outrageous."
> >
> > Here's Wikipedia's account of the findings of the Branchflower Report,
with
> > links to the original sources:
> >
> > On October 10, 2008, the Alaska Legislative Council unanimously voted
> > release, without officially endorsing,[135] the Branchflower Report in
which
> > Stephen Branchflower found that firing Monegan "was a proper and lawful
> > exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority,"[136] and that
Palin
> > abused her power as governor by violating the state's Executive Branch
> > Ethics Act[137] when her office pressured Monegan to fire Wooten. The
report
> > stated that "Governor Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue
> > where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in
order to
> > advance a personal agenda, to wit: to get Trooper Michael Wooten
> > fired."[138] The report also said that Palin "permitted Todd Palin to
use
> > the Governor's office [...] to continue to contact subordinate state
> > employees in an effort to find some way to get Trooper Wooten
> > fired."[138][139]
> >
> > The eventual report found that she was within her legal rights to fire
> > Monegan, but that her unethical persecution of her ex brother-in-law
was a
> > contributing factor to the firing. The report found her guilty of
abuse of
> > power and violation of Alaska's Ethics Act.
> >
> > http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/the-odd-
lies--7
> > .html

> >  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >                http://www.fsr.net

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"Jesus was a community organizer and Poncius Pilate was a governor."

- Marilyn Trail, sister of Representative Tom trail (September 8, 2008)

----

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)