[Vision2020] Powell endorses Obama

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Oct 19 08:57:55 PDT 2008

Although endorsements do not necessarily carry alot of "weight", it must
be noted . . .

Colin Powell is a retired Army general.

Colin Powell is a former Secretary of State.

Colin Powell is a former member of a Republican administration.

At a time when alot of people are suggesting that Barack Obama's defense
experience is, at minimum, suspect, Colin Powell's endorsement implies
that such a suggestion is not justified.

> To link Colin Powell with Farrakhan, much less Wright, Ayers, or
even>  Jesse Jackson, is as absurd as it is hateful.

> I was terribly disappointed in Powell during the lead-up to the Iraq
War,>  but I would imagine my disappointment in him is a mere shadow of
his own
r> egret now over his uncharacteristic duplicity then.   He displays,
overal> l, a degree of character those maligning him in this way don't.
Further> , one sign of racism is the tendency to link "bad people"
together based