[Vision2020] PUMAs R Pissed

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 17:20:19 PDT 2008

Letter to the Republican Party from a concerned PUMA…

October 14, 2008

Dear Members of the Republican Party,

Like millions of other PUMAs, the only thing I've decided about this
election is that under no circumstances would I be voting for Barack
Obama. However, like millions of other PUMAs I have also realized that
the only way to ensure that Barack Obama is not elected President is
if John McCain wins on November 4th.

In the last few months, I have watched with amazement as you have
worked hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the
Presidential election. In your public and private utterances you have
been pessimistic, downcast, fatalistic and have shown signs of being
mentally out of the game.

How easily you forget that compared to Barack Obama, in John McCain
you not only have a candidate who was legitimately elected by your
party, but you have a better candidate, a better message, and a better
connection to Main Street, USA. Despite all this you carry on like the
election is over and Barack Obama has already won.

It is sad that compared to the rank and file of the GOP, PUMAs are
more steadfast in their belief that an Obama presidency is not
inevitable. All over the MSM, in the blogosphere and in conversations
with people everywhere, members of the GOP who should still be
fighting the good fight are talking like a party that has already
lost. Why should this be so?

As PUMAs, during the primaries we took the Obama machine on and won,
we kept our faith and acted from the realization that no matter what
our contributions were, doing something was infinitely better than
doing nothing. Either way we knew that sink or swim, till it was over,
it iwas not over. The GOP needs to come to this same realization in
regards to this election immediately.

The reason Hillary prevailed till she chose to give it all up for the
sake of party unity (my a..) is because those of us in her corner
supported her candidacy against all odds. Despite all of Hillary's
flaws, and believe you me, there are many, when it came to supporting
her candidacy we never showed hurt, never showed fear, never backed
down, and never gave up. You can do the same.

As PUMAs we worked our butt off to ensure Hillary Clinton won the
Democratic Party's Primary, against all odds, including being outspent
4 : 1, the MSM being in Obama's corner, charges of racism and blatant
displays of sexism by Obama and his surrogates, and last but not
least, electoral fraud perpetuated by ACORN. Folks, indeed the more
things change the more they stay the same, nothing has changed, except
John McCain has taken the place of Hillary Clinton.

How dare you back down, how dare you give up on John McCain and Sarah
Palin? Right now they are the only two people in the world standing
between the America we love and cherish and a society remade in the
image of Barack Obama. Obama is a man whose political ideology is more
in line with that of Daniel Arap Moi, a founding father of Kenya who
thrived on the cult of personality, than it is in line with that of
our founding father, George Washington, a man who put it all on the
line so that our country would truly be greater than any one man.

Is it going to be hard to do this, but you must fight. You must stop
griping, complaining and talking about how the deck is stacked against
your candidate and your party, yes, life isn't fair, but it has never
been. Instead get in the trenches to fight for McCain/Palin. There
must be no retreat, there must be no surrender, till it is midnight in
Hawaii and the election is over in all parts of the United States, the
election is not over.

Go out and talk to people, educate people on McCain and Palin's
strengths, also educate people on Obama and Biden's extremely obvious
character deficiencies. Nobody who truly loves America and the
American way of life can compare the candidates and give any sort of
edge to Obama/Biden.

Not everybody is going to listen to you, but who cares? If people
don't want to listen to you, go talk to someone else, if they don't
want to listen to you, go talk to yet another person, eventually,
you'll find someone who has been waiting just to hear your message,
and that person will at the minimum NOT vote for Obama, even if s/he
does not vote for McCain/Palin. Every single not cast for Obama is a
vote that keeps Obama out of the White House, it is that simple.

None of this is going to be easy, pleasant or maybe even enjoyable,
because hard work is required, but guess what? The only place success
comes before work is in the dictionary.

Lastly, Republicans, you can count on PUMAs to work till the bell is
rung to prevent Obama from being elected, you must do the same!

Posted by PUMA Pundit
http://www.puma08.com/2008/10/14/letter-to-the-republican-party-from-a-concerned-puma/