[Vision2020] an important Communiqué from The No Weatherman

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:55:28 PDT 2008

Paul,

Good job.

I can always count on you to kick the tires and look under the hood.

BUT:

You're arguing the case from a bill at its inception point rather than
the bill as it was signed.

The article makes no representations about its original content as its
sponsors presented it to Congress.

Bills come and go, and some survive without looking anything like
their original wording. Pork. Earmarks. More pork. And they reach
accord.

The writer's point stands because this was the only Republican-sponsored bill.

You make his point by pointing out Congress's supermajority, which
included a huge number of Democrats.

FWIW, I posted the article for the punch line — Obama voted present.

I thought it complimented my important communiqué and demonstrated one
more time that Obama's legislative history is anemic at best.