[Vision2020] San Franciscans: Vote Yes on Proposition R

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 15 10:54:30 PDT 2008

>From the San Francisco Presidential Memorial Commission at:

http://presidentialmemorial.wordpress.com/

Vote Yes on Proposition R!

Just as France presented the Statue of Liberty as its gift to the nation,
the citizens of San Francisco may now bestow their own special gift to the
country by renaming our award winning waste water treatment plant in honor
of outgoing President George W Bush. We think this is a fitting memorial
for a truly outstanding Commander-in-Chief. On matters ranging from
diplomacy to fiscal and environmental stewardship, no other President has
had such a dramatic impact on the country and the Constitution in such a
short time. Most presidents wait years or decades to receive their
memorial airport or highway. We think President Bush deserves immediate
recognition for his eight years of public service.

Critics of this measure point out that the initiative unfairly maligns the
talented and hard working staff at the award-winning plant or that it
memorializes an administration best forgotten. To this we simply say that
those who forget history are condemned to repeat it. President Bush has
left us with a gigantic mess, and that this facility symbolizes the city’s
deft ability to clean up its share of the financial and diplomatic mess
left in this administration’s wake. It will also become the world’s first
presidential sewage plant, a potential tourist attraction, and therefore
an opportunity for the dedicated plant workers to educate visitors about
this essential and heretofore unknown public works. This measure will have
a minimal fiscal impact and may increase tourist traffic to the plant,
Zoo, and nearby attractions in southwest San Francisco, creating yet
another quirky must-see destination along with our cable cars, Haight St,
and Beach Blanket Babylon.

Fellow San Franciscans, we urge you to vote Oui! on November 4th.

---------

Photo of campaigners
http://tinyurl.com/5xktr4

Seeya round town, Moscow.