[Vision2020] See Y'all

Warren Hayman whayman at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 14 19:10:20 PDT 2008

Hello All,

After responding to an anonymous posting earlier, I realized that I had, without thinking it through, violated my own ethics of communication. I thought about it. Reminded myself that this morning alone, in the midst of work, I deleted almost two dozen anonymous postings while sifting to find more important, or at least relevant (to me, to be sure) missives. The posting to Tim Hillebrand a few minutes ago pushed me over. The defense of postings and promise of the plethora of more within the missive fairly smacked of the "my ball, my rules" mentality found on elementary school playgrounds, even though both ball and court do not lie in the sole possession of the player. They are, in fact, shared phenomena.

So, rather than deny the first amendment to any piece of writing, and given that I find the words within these posts overbearingly rude, unnecessarily agressive and pedantic, and, uh, in short, off-putting, I am outta here on the Viz until after the election.

Warren Hayman