[Vision2020] Credit Card Fraud: Change You Can Believe In

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:53:54 PDT 2008

They'll trace this one back to ACORN.

Northland Couple Warns of Political Credit Card Fraud

NORTH KANSAS CITY, MO. — A North Kansas City couple has been left
scratching their heads after they became the victims of a political
scam.

Steve and Rachel Larman say a strange credit card charge appeared on
their statement this month — a $2300 donation to Barack Obama's
presidential campaign. The Larman's say they don't want this to be
about their political affiliation, but they say they're not about to
give the Obama campaign any help from their pocketbook.

They said they notified Chase, their credit card bank, to report the fraud.

"(They) said that they had seen — they were familiar with this," said
Steve Larman. "It was fraud, they believe through telemarketing but
they were going to be doing some more investigations."

The Larman's don't want their politics to enter into what is
essentially just a fraudulent charge. But they say that the charge
involves the Obama campaign adds insult to injury for the registered
Republicans.

"They (Chase) kept on asking me 'are you sure you wouldn't have gone
to a site in support of Obama'," said Rachel Larman. "And I repeatedly
said 'I'm voting for McCain — I would not be going to an Obama site'."

Chase dropped the charge from the Larman's card. The couple is
thankful they caught the charge on the card, but worried that others
may not see that type of fraud on their own credit cards before it's
too late.

"You always get emails saying be on the lookout," said Rachel. "So I
just wanted to get the word out, that there's someone out there
perpetrating this against people, and to pay attention."

The Obama campaign said they were aware of the Larman's story, but did
not have any comment.
http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7599837&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1