[Vision2020] Candidate issues - The Economy

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Oct 12 09:29:14 PDT 2008

Thank you, Mr. Rumelhart.

In my opinion, I believe that a majority of the American voting public are
getting sick and tired of hearing . . . "Obama is this.  Obama is that."

People want to hear (and realize) . . . "This is how we will ensure that
affordable health care is available to you and your family," . . . "This
is how we will ensure that jobs are available," . . . "This is how we will
provide affordable college educations," . . . "This is how . . . "

Do you know why people want to hear (and know) this?  Because after all is
said and done, after all the electioneering, after all the votes are cast
and counted . . . the American voting public must return to their homes,
and families, and provide the very staples that ensures their health and
stability.

That's why.

> This is an attempt to get a discussion started on the issues instead of
> all the threads on who associates with who and who is encouraging the
> most emotional responses.
>
> Here are links to the sections on the economy from the Democratic and
> Republican candidates for office:
>
> John McCain:  http://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/jobsforamerica/
> Barack Obama:  http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/
>
> The biggest difference between the two, in my opinion, from my reading
> is that John McCain is focusing on helping corporations through tax
> breaks to help the economy whereas Barack Obama is focusing on tax
> breaks for the middle class instead.  Both plans have a lot of
> provisions I like - both are looking at different ways that the
> work/family balance can be strengthened, for example.
>
> There's a lot of information there to go through.  Please let us know
> your thoughts, so we can all become more educated on the candidates
> positions.  Also, if others want to tackle third-party positions on the
> topics, please do.  I'm not educated enough about them this time around
> to even know who they all are.
>
> Paul

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"Jesus was a community organizer and Poncius Pilate was a governor."

- Marilyn Trail, sister of Representative Tom trail (September 8, 2008)

----

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)