[Vision2020] Candidate issues - The Economy

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 09:00:32 PDT 2008

This is an attempt to get a discussion started on the issues instead of
all the threads on who associates with who and who is encouraging the
most emotional responses.

Here are links to the sections on the economy from the Democratic and
Republican candidates for office:

John McCain:  http://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/jobsforamerica/
Barack Obama:  http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/

The biggest difference between the two, in my opinion, from my reading
is that John McCain is focusing on helping corporations through tax
breaks to help the economy whereas Barack Obama is focusing on tax
breaks for the middle class instead.  Both plans have a lot of
provisions I like - both are looking at different ways that the
work/family balance can be strengthened, for example.

There's a lot of information there to go through.  Please let us know
your thoughts, so we can all become more educated on the candidates
positions.  Also, if others want to tackle third-party positions on the
topics, please do.  I'm not educated enough about them this time around
to even know who they all are.

Paul