[Vision2020] McCain Supporters

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 10 09:50:41 PDT 2008

This kind of stuff is absolutely chilling.

And disappointing.

My first introduction to John Sidney McCain III (there's a Joe Six-pack name
for you) in politics was with the *terrible* Keating Five scandal.  I agreed
with many, many bi-partisan Americans who thought at the time that the
Senate Ethics Committee failed in its duty, *but* we all moved on.  And, I
followed his political career afterwards, and he convinced Pollyanna me that
he'd really & truly learned an important lesson.

In the subsequent years, he earned my respect if not always my agreement as
a politician.

His campaign's current approach has absolutely destroyed my respect for man.
The man I thought had ***really*** learned a lesson from his interactions
with Keating et al has sold out.  The means justify the end, which is the
*only* explanation for this Politics of Desperation.  He's a coward no
different than those high school kids who are willing to talk-trash behind
others' backs but lack the character . . . the integrity . . . to say it to
the faces of their targets.

It is depressing to see a man I once held in more than a little esteem
completely sell out his character and honor in a failed attempt to win an
election.

And, he *will* lose the election -- his current path guarantees it.  At one
time, McCain enjoyed a rather broad base of support, support he's now
managed to lose.  He has sold his character and honor -- and launched the
unwarranted character assassination of another -- to appeal to those
pathetic ignorant people shown in the video, people who mistakenly believe
that if it comes from the McCain/Palin campaign, it must be true.  People
who erroneously *trust* McCain, people who don't know that he's sold his
soul.

And, that betrayal of public trust -- again -- on the hope and a prayer of
winning an election is worse than despicable.

The Politics of Desperation.

At a time when this country is being rocked by the worst economic crisis
since the Depression, "maverick" McCain thinks intelligent Americans care
this nonsense and want more of the same we've had for the last eight years.
His current (as opposed to what he said at the debate a couple of nights
ago) economic plan is nothing more than rewarding more financial giants at
the expense of hard-working taxpayers.

His health care "reform" is a joke that will do nothing more than further
line the pockets of greedy insurance companies.

With the unending revolting revelations about Palin, I initially felt badly
for McCain because the good that he's done in the past would be nothing more
than a footnote in history because of the rightful controversy of The McCain
Machine's political choice of VP.

However, given his campaign's tactics of the last several days, history will
treat him as he deserves to be treated:  as a man who has sold his honor,
character, and integrity, and completely lost touch with what's important to
America *now,* not eight years ago.  Perhaps McCain could have rightly been
called a maverick at some time in his political career, but all he is now is
more of the same that we've had for the last eight years, and I think the
America will send him the "Thanks, but no thanks" message loud and clear in
just a couple of weeks now .

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****