[Vision2020] Say What?

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:34:12 PST 2008

Chas wrote:

> With Clarence "Uncle Tom" Thomas on the bench, this case does have me
> slightly worried.  All it will take for this to become a real problem
> is four votes, and five of the nine justices are Republicans.

Chas, 7 of the 9 Supreme Court justices are Republican appointees.  Only Breyer and Ginsburg are Democratic appointees.

When you write that 'five of the nice justices are Republicans' does that mean that they are registered Republicans?  Or are you more referring to the general split of the court in terms of conservative hard / leaning justices versus liberal hard / leaning justices?

-Scott