[Vision2020] Intoleristas

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:49:18 PST 2008

>* You are describing the law as you wish it to be.  That's not the law as
it
> has been decided by people with the authority to make those decisions. *

Great - so that means it is absolutely unequivocally right and correct?!?!?
I certainly will not argue the point that it has been decided by such
authoritarians with you.  However these individuals, being people, make bad
decisions all the time.  This is one of those instances in which I think
other people need to make noise to effect change of the laws based on these
(in my opinion) bad decisions.

*> Go ahead and hire someone who will only parrot what you want to hear*

Funny, but I assumed one generally want to hire someone who would hopefully
"parrot" the legal position you wished to take.  Or at the very least,
someone who will consider your "wishes" and give counsel with that in mind.
We may arrive at the position where I would be convinced my case has no
merit, but at least alternatives would be considered.  Is this not the route
by which legal precedents are established?

Yes, I may "wish" a law to be one way or another.  Many many others may
"wish" the same thing.  I get the feeling you seem to think that it is
totally inappropriate to use the legal system to present a set of principles
that may change the interpretation of the law as it stands.  I hope I am
terrible wrong in that assumption.

GS