[Vision2020] California Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:20:47 PST 2008

Question, Visionaires -

In a polygamous marriage, are all spouses inter-married?  In other words . . . Are not only the husband married to his several wives, but are the several wives married to each other?

If so, then wouldn't a polygamous marriage consist of (conceivably) multiple same-sex marriages?

Hmmm.

Tom "lesbian trapped in a man's body" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

From: editor at lataheagle.comTo: scooterd408 at hotmail.com; josephc at wsu.edu; kjajmix1 at msn.com; vision2020 at moscow.com; thansen at moscow.comDate: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:52:10 -0800Subject: Re: [Vision2020] California Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage

Scott,
My take on interracial marriage? I was was in an interracial marriage, my child is the product of the marriage. That pretty much says it all.
Polygamy has been a cultural norm in many parts of the world. And it does have some practical applications.
For instance, in cultures where the male population has been decimated, for whatever reason, it would make sense for males to have multiple wives.
So where would this apply in the U.S.? In areas where the male population has been hammered by death and prison terms. The number of eligible females to eligible males is completely out of whack. Why not let stable, albeit larger ,family groups have a chance. Nothing else has worked.
To my knowledge, no state allows for marriage between close relatives.
Doesn't California already allow for gays to have benefits through domestic partnership laws? I believe it also applies to hetero couples living together.
It would make far more sense for the state to administer those, than marriage. Leave marriage up to religious organizations and domestic contracts to the state.