[Vision2020] I don't understand

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 11:57:47 PST 2008

I would not grant Verizon, or any corporation involved in phone or Internet
communication, assess to any personal information that I seriously need to
protect.  Encryption or anonymity are options.  I assume any communication
over phone or Internet is possibly compromised, given the behavior of major
US corporations in wholesale violations of US citizens Fourth Amendment
rights in recent years

Large scale accessing of personal information by (judges, warrants and the
Fourth Amendment are impediments blocking intel on terrorists, of
course) the FBI has been granted to Verizon and other corporations, which is
why they were seeking retroactive immunity from prosecution for complicity
with government "spying:"

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=8622

According to whistleblower *Babak
Pasdar*<http://www.themediaconsortium.com/reporting/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/affidavit-bp-final.pdf>,
a telecom carrier he worked for as a security consultant, subsequently named
as Verizon by the *Post*, said the company maintained a high-speed DS-3
digital line that allowed the Bureau and other security agencies
"unfettered" access to the carrier's wireless network, including billing
records and customer data "transmitted wirelessly."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/21/AR2007102101041.html?nav=rss_technology

As part of a surveillance package approved Thursday by the Senate
intelligence committee, some telecommunications companies would be granted
immunity from about 40 pending lawsuits that allege they violated Americans'
privacy and constitutional rights by aiding a warrantless surveillance
program instituted after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett