[Vision2020] California Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 12:15:45 PST 2008

Joe and Scott, you are both very correct.

Consider this as well;

Gay and Lesbian marriage brings no harm economically or physically to the individuals or society.

Polygamy only works in a society that isn't gender equal. Because if men can marry as many women as they want, then women could also marry as many men as they want. Then we could have an endless web of men and women married to each other. There is also real harm to a spouse that is sleeping with others, both economically and physically.

Incest is different too because each partner in the relationship is not equal. A father has a great deal of social and economic power over his daughter. As does the mother over the son, or an elder sibling over the younger. This is of course in addition to the actual harm that comes to an individual offspring born with a genetic mutation and the society having to care for the individuals born with genetic defects. There is real harm done here to society and individuals in cases of incest.

Animals, the sick and far fetched comparison, that is also incomparable because animals cannot give consent, nor are they equal to humans on the social level in our society. Animals and pets are property not persons, and you cannot marry property, only persons.

Best Regards,

Donovan