[Vision2020] Wonderful news for those who love corruption &

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 20 15:23:55 PST 2008

Lest we forget that Bush commuted Scooter Libby's prison sentence.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/02/libby.sentence/index.html

This was a smart political ploy on the part of George Bush.  Since Libby's
sentence was merely commuted, he was still "convicted" and therefor, if
called on to testify before Congress, he could take the fifth and not
testify.

Had Bush pardoned Libby, he (Libby) would not have had the privilege of
taking the fifth and would have been forced to testify.

Maybe Bush will provide virtual blanket pardons to everybody associated
with his administration, maybe not.  I'm guessing that the pardons he does
give out will be extremely crucial to his, Cheney's, and Rove's survival.

> I predict Bush will have a record low number of pardons compared to other
P> residents. It is not in his character to be forgiving, reflective, or to
> buck the court system.
>
> Best Regards,

Donovan