[Vision2020] Gay Marriage Legalized in Connecticut

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:24:57 PST 2008

Legalization of polygamy/polyandry doesn't scare me Gary - bring it on if that's your pet cause.  It seems to me that the polygamists have already figured out a great way to game the system as it is and all in semi-legal fashion.  Those Yearning for Zion type elders are spiritually marrying several 'wives', knocking them up in parallel fashion, and having them collect welfare to fund their lifestyle being that legally they are single mothers according to the government.  They have the best of both worlds following their calling from God and getting free money from the welfare system.  The only reason I couch this as 'semi-legal' is that some of the girls they are repeatedly impregnating are under the age of consent laws which is causing them some issues (along with the trouble that the crank callers to the authorities are bringing).

However, if they - and you - want their simultaneous marriages to be recognized by the government, go for it.  More power and less money to you and them.

-Scott