[Vision2020] Is This Free Speech or . . . ?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 13 17:53:56 PST 2008

I agree with you totally, Sunil.

In the words of Voltaire, "I may not agree with what you say but I'll
fight to the death to defend your right to say it."

This is not to say that the Secret Service will not be maintaining steady
surveillance on Mr. Germana for a while, especially the next time Mr.
Germana goes to the neighborhood hardware store to purchase rope (for any
legitimate reason).

> Yes it is.
>
> Sunil
>
> > To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> > From: thansen at moscow.com
> > Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 01:12:59 +0000
> > Subject: [Vision2020] Is This Free Speech or . . . ?
> >
> > >From KHQ at:
> >
> > http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=9344204

> > North Idaho landowner advertises "free public hanging" of
President-elect>
> > Barack Obama
> >
> > VAY, Idaho - The U.S. Secret Service is investigating a sign erected
by>  a
> > northern Idaho landowner that advertises a "free public hanging" of
> > President-elect Barack Obama and several other political figures.
> >
> > Bonner County Sheriff Elaine Savage says she and Secret Service agents
on>
> > Thursday will take a firsthand look at the sign put up by Ken Germana.
> > Germana says the sign is a political statement.
> >
> > The handmade cardboard sign includes a noose fashioned from a length
of
> > rope.
> >
> > Obama's name is the most prominent on the sign.
> >
> > But it also includes the names of Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., U.S.
Hous> e of

> >  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >                http://www.fsr.net
> >           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

"Jesus was a community organizer and Poncius Pilate was a governor."

- Marilyn Trail, sister of Representative Tom trail (September 8, 2008)

----

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)