[Vision2020] Idaho "implied consent" theory and practice

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 12 23:04:45 PST 2008

On Monday 10 November 2008 19:24:50 Tom Hansen wrote:
> From Chapter 80 (Motor Vehicles) of Title 18 (Crimes and Punishments) of
> the Idaho statutes at:
>
> http://www3.idaho.gov/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=180800002.K

<snip>

Thanks for pointing out the obvious; I was remiss in not just reading the
statute first. Fortunately, I don't have any personal experience with this
statute. On the other hand, it raises practical questions about enforcement
equity as well as theoretical questions about constitutional equity. I think
my untutored intuitions about the subject tended toward some raw sense of
equity, but were unaware of the mess in which the state of this law now is.

Ken