[Vision2020] obama election / gun purchases

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:08:38 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 20:26, Mike Finkbiner <mike_l_f at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In other words, banning a category of weapons which are only cosmetically
> different than common hunting rifles, and no more lethal than common
> shotguns seems like a cynical first step towards - what?  There is no
> evidence it's for crime control.

Only cosmetically different?  It was my understanding that a gun which
is "single-action" (or whatever you call it) requires chambering(?)
between every shot, whereas a semi-automatic requires just the pull of
the trigger.

In an O.K. Corral situation, who would get off more shots, assuming
equal competence?

Chas