[Vision2020] 25 cent cup of coffee

Sam Scripter moscowsam at verizon.net
Mon Nov 10 11:25:54 PST 2008

I'm amazed at the divergent prices for a cup of coffee.

Last week my lady and I were dining at a fine sports
bar and  restaurant on the Palouse and were surprised
at the total for our bill.

We had employed a coupon special but the bill total
was significantly more than we anticipated.

Upon closer inspection of the bill, we observed that
each of our coffees was billed @ $2.75.

Imagine our surprise to read the menu yesterday at
Hoot's Cafe, a mile south of the community of White Bird,
just beyond the foot of the White Bird grade, where
we read "Coffee . . .  25, 75"!

It was very real.  The "25" was 25 cents for a cup while
dining inside at a table, and it was refilled several times.
75 cents was for a large take-out cup, which we didn't
buy.

So whoever says that you can't get a cup of coffee
for 25 cents is wrong.

For the judgment of whether that is a "good" cup
of coffee, you'll have to draw your own conclusion.

Sam Scripter