[Vision2020] obama election / gun purchases

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 9 15:44:53 PST 2008

On Sunday 09 November 2008 14:43:13 Scott Dredge wrote:
> Let me know when the Second Amendment is ripped out of the Constitution
> Kai.  Why is it that when Bush and his fellow Republicans had all the
> power, they couldn't ban abortion which is not protected by a
> Constitutional Amendment?

Could it perhaps be the case that the majority of US women, as well as the
majority of US men, do not want a ban on abortion?

> Once again, this is just another data point from
> conservatives that indicates that when the Dems are in Congress, they have
> no trouble making widespread changes restricting our rights and yet when
> the Republicans are in power, then can do nothing other then to hold the
> line where it is...already pushed way to the left.

Could it perhaps be the case that the granting of rights and privileges, that,
when intelligently used, enables greater benefits among the populace, is an
easier case to make, whereas the case to remove those benefits is more
difficult?

> And fine by me if the Second Amendment comes under serious attack...it will
> not only survive, but be much stronger in the aftermath.

You very well may be correct about the Second Amendment becoming stronger
after it is reconsidered, rediscussed, redebated, and perhaps more regulated.

Yet with or without regulatory revision regarding Second Amendment privileges,
other US constitutional rights and privileges seem to be slipping from region
of enjoyability of many Americans. Why might that be? One obvious reason is
that many Americans do not know they have those rights and privileges because
they have never educated themselves as to their existence and meaning.

Rather than running to the firearms store to stock up on guns and ammo
to "protect" themselves against city cops, county mounties, state bulls, and
various federal G-men, T-men, and black helicopters, not to mention private
dicks and bail bondsmen, a good many of those fearing such activities would
better serve themselves and their fellow citizens by furthering their civic
and professional educations. The better those citizens understand the history
and operation of their communities, states, and the nation, and the better
those citizens understand the more productive manners in which they might be
of economic use and service, the better all citizens will be served both by
the economic firms that employ and by the public agencies that support.

Ken