[Vision2020] obama election / gun purchases

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 00:48:25 PST 2008

Note: this previously went only to Kai, which was not my intention.

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 21:24, Kai Eiselein <fotopro63 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It's called the Second Amendment, which is about to come under serious
> attack. I know, some of you don't care if it is ripped out of the
> Constitution, but when one falls, the rest WILL follow.
> We've already seen a government assault on our Fourth Amendment rights by
> Bush, Inc., Obama and Company will continue the taking of our rights.

As I understand it, the Second Amendment -- and I make no claims to
legal expertise or even skillful amateur status -- protects the
individual's right to self-defense (perhaps particularly against
tyrannical governments).  I looked at Gary's links, and I saw nothing
there to suggest that Obama wants to take that right away.

So I can't carry semi-automatic weapons.  Would they really protect me
against a rogue Uncle Sam with fully automatic weapons?

Am I going to get in an arms race with the government?

So Obama wants to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment.  I agree with him.  I'm
one of those naive types who believe that information wants to be
free.  I don't trust law enforcement with exclusive access to any
information that isn't a bona fide state secret.

So private gun collectors will finally have to follow the same rules
as a firearms dealer.  How is that not reasonable?

Obama also apparently wants to childproof guns, but the firearm
industry claims that this will be too expensive.  Yes, safety does
have a monetary cost.

None of this will stop me, if I have the desire, from buying guns for
the protection of myself and my family.

Chas