[Vision2020] President-elect Obama's First Press Conference

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Nov 8 06:14:57 PST 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9VcS-EF7T0

"With respect to the dog, this is a major issue. I think it's generated
more interest on our website than just about anything.  We have — we have
two criteria that have to be reconciled. One is that Malia is allergic, so
it has to be hypo-allergenic. There are a number of breeds that are hypo-
allergenic. On the other hand, our preference would be to get a shelter
dog. But obviously, a lot of shelter dogs are mutts, like me. So the — so,
whether we're going to be able to balance those two things, I think, is a
pressing issue on the Obama household."

 . . .

“I want to see a stimulus package sooner rather than later. If it does not
get done in the lame duck session, it will be the first thing I get done
as President of the United States.”

Seeya round towwn, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)