[Vision2020] The Cowardly Character Assassination of Sarah Palin

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Nov 7 09:32:20 PST 2008

Before I read Dan's post, before I read the other off-list post blasting me for my Sarah Palin comments, I came to the conclusion that I had, indeed, crossed the line in some of what I've said about Sarah Palin.

Let me put it another way:  I've said things that make some other people believe I've been hypocritical in my testimony for the Gospel, specifically in my criticism of the Religious Right's treatment of the Barack Obama.  It doesn't matter if they're right, it doesn't matter if my comments about Palin are right.  There is one thing that matters to me, and that's that I not malign the Gospel.  If I give reason -- valid reason -- for someone to question the sincerity of my faith, or to call me up on hypocrisy or inconsistency in living it out, any other political point I make has to become secondary.

It's clear that I have fallen short in at least a couple of my neighbors' expectations of me, and I'm sorry.  My prayers is that when I get it right, the glory goes to God, and when I don't, it reflects only on me.

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/