[Vision2020] (no subject)

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:06:58 PST 2008

That's the funny thing about politics Roger, things can go completely the opposite direction that you would think.  I believe it was Harry Blackmun, a Republican Richard Nixon appointee, who wrote the majority opinion on Roe v Wade.  Also, Justice John Paul Stevens who is still a very liberal justice on the supreme court at age 88 was appointed by Republican Gerald Ford.  And the biggest threat to Roe - the case that redrew the abortion lines (Planned Parenthood v Casey) - was spearheaded by Pennsylvania Democratic governor Bob Casey.  It's the classic 'be careful what you wish for' scenario.  Obama and the Democratic Congress is probably the best thing in laying the seeds for a Republican comeback and 'Contract with America - the Sequel' in 2010.

-Scott