[Vision2020] Wall Street Journal: "Science has Spoken: Global Warming is a Myth":

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri May 30 03:21:19 PDT 2008

 How to cook a graph in three easy lessons:

"With all those degrees of freedom, I daresay you could fit the temperature
record using hog-belly futures and New Zealand sheep population. Anybody
want to try?"

-Climate scientist Ray Pierre, writing on Realclimate.org:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=207
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2008/05/how-to-cook-a-graph-in-three-easy-lessons/#more-567

One response to Ray Pierre's article:

Raypierre:

What do you suppose motivates someone, a scientist, nonetheless, to cook his
data this way and make such a concerted effort to mislead the public?

[*Response:* That's a question for psychologists. I wish I knew the answer.
I doubt that he, or Dick Lindzen for that matter, are in it for the money,
so that takes out the easiest of motives. I think it's probably a matter of
ideological blinders. The perceived implications of global warming being a
real problem are so dissonant with some other value system that it imposes
some kind of filter on the interpretation of objective reality. Anything I
say would be just guessing, though. Fortunately, this problem doesn't seem
to plague too many scientists. –raypierre]

>From the Wall Street Journal, 1997:

http://www.junkscience.com/news/robinson.htm
 Science Has Spoken: Global Warming Is a Myth
**
*Arthur Robinson and Zachary Robinson are chemists at the Oregon Institute
of Science and Medicine.*

For more on the "Oregon Institute of Science & Medicine:"

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2007/10/oregon-institute-of-science-and-malarkey/