[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Sali's concerns put spotlight on ID cards issued by Mexico

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 22:55:23 PDT 2008

Keely,

  Actually, you are either being very cute with us, or are completely ignorant of the purpose of the Consulate. As you know, that the Consulate gives ID cards to anyone of Hispanic descent, not just its own citizens, as no legal identification is needed to get one. Rapists, murderers, child molesters, drug dealers, and other criminals escaping US and other law enforcement officials for past crimes are able to get these identification cards. It places many innocent people, and police officers, in danger. Illegal labor in the country drives down wages, robs from Social Security, local schools, and other programs.

  As I understand Keely, you are not against placing child molesters, rapists, murderers, and other criminals in a position to run free in society. There is a reason why we have laws for immigration, part of that is to make sure that wages stay fair and criminal behavior does not run rampant in our society.

  Mexico, has less than 3% of the world's population, yet receives 40% of the places and jobs the United States has to offer. Mexico is the 12th wealthiest nation on the planet. Why should the remaining 92% of the population, and the other 260+ poorer nations of the planet not be given an equal opportunity to have a shot at those jobs and the American dream?

  I think, Keely, you support a bigoted and prejudiced policy of allowing the wealthier people from one particular region of the world to cut in line in front of those that have followed the rules to get here, and are facing worse socio-economic and politically oppressive governments.

  You, Keely, as I understand, support an immigration policy that is unfair and unjust. You support a policy that is not only a danger to innocents in this society, and to others playing by the rules, but you support a policy that is even a danger to those you claim to support.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    No, actually, the Consulate is issuing identification cards to its own citizens.  That's all.  To suggest that that automatically translates into a wholesale giving over to undocumented workers -- workers, not "aliens" -- of U.S. government services is not only foolish, but indicative of either terrific fear or terrific bigotry.

Neither is terribly becoming of a self-professed Christian.

Keely