[Vision2020] Idaho

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 22 16:19:25 PDT 2008

Very good, Don.

In keepinig . . .

Here is a song I heard on a Public Television program that I merged with
some photos I took last summer while meandering everywhere from Dixie,
Idaho to Avery, Idaho to Murray, Idaho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzpIii4Zkzs

> Thanks for sharing! These Josh Ritter lyrics reminded me of a song my
grand> father wrote around 1940 or before, I guess, so I decided to share
it
here.>   Hoping the Windows Media audio attachment makes it past the
scrubber but
> if it don't, ask me off list and I'll send it.  I do have an mp3 version
on>  my other 'putin device.The Hills of Idaho-Composed by Donald Oliver
Edward> s-sung by Milo Bickmore Where the sun shines on the mountains of
IdahoWhere>  the sun shines on the mountains that's where I gotta goYou
can see the
dee> r a'runningYou can hear the bees a'hummingIn the Hills of Idaho Where
the
s> un shines on the mountains of IdahoI can here those mountainsCalling me
bac> k, I knowThat I will see my dad againMy heart will feel so glad
againIn
the>  hills of Idaho Where the sun shines on the mountains of IdahoWhere
the
sun>  shines on the mountainsThat I love soYou can feel the soft breeze
flowin'Y> ou can here the cattle mowin' (?)In the hills of Idaho Where the
sun
shines>  on the mountains Of IdahoYou can here the birds a'singingsoftly
so (?)I
ca> n see my home againAnd I'll never roam againFrom the Hills of Idaho
'Idah> o' by Josh Ritter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncRIMBwo_0 All
that
lov> e all those mistakes What else can a poor man make? So I gave up a
life of
> crime I gave it to a friend of mine  Something else was on my mind The
only>  ghost I'm haunted by I hear her howling down below Idaho oh
IdahoWolves
oh>  wolves oh can't you see? Ain't no wolf can sing like me And if it
could
th> en I suppose He belongs in Idaho Packs of dogs and cigarettes For those
who>  ain't done packing yet My clothes are packed and I want to go Idaho
oh
Ida> hoOut at sea for seven years I got your letter in Tangier Thought
that I'd
> been on a boat Til that single word you wrote  That single word it
landlock> ed me Turned the masts to cedar trees And the winds to gravel
roads Idaho
o> h Idaho
> E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.
> http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_
GreaterG> ood>

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)