[Vision2020] [Idaho Atheists] Everyone Deserves Death

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 20:05:48 PDT 2008

Chas,

  "The difference being that I do have a memory of you making ad hominem
attacks on Ralph, but those memories are tempered by uncertainty,
therefore I cannot make an entirely confident assertion."

  You missed the point. You are not trying to be honest, you are trying to be accusatory without taking the responsibility of the accusation. If you re not confident of negative assertion, don't assert it.

  "Offense taken at the word "Xtian" is manufactured by shallow people
who enjoy being outraged. No one has ever been followed in the
streets by crowds taunting "Die, Xtian!" First, because it is
unpronounceable. Second, because we have never lynched Christians in
this country, or denied them employment opportunities because of their
gender or handicap. The word "Xtian" has no earned hateful meaning.
At the most, it is used by bored unbelievers teasing the thin-skinned."

  That is pretty shallow and insensitive of you Chas. You don't have to be beaten and raped and to be disenfranchised or disrespected by others. Many people believe deeply in Christ, and putting an X in place of his name to intentionally be disrespectful to someone they respect and love is as offensive as if someone were to blatantly disrespect a member of your family. You are publicly dishonoring people and someone they care about. You don't see it, because you don't believe personal relationships exist between Christ and people. But they do.

  I am sorry you are limited to only believing the tiny universe of what you can see, touch, and understand. But try having some respect for those that do believe in something more than you--if not because you respect what they believe but that you respect them.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Donovan Arnold
wrote:

> That's fine. I seem to recall you raping a monkey last Thursday. It isn't an
> outright assertion, but I will leave it up to someone else to prove it, if
> it happened, assuming the accuracy of my memory. There; I have hedged my
> bets.

The difference being that I do have a memory of you making ad hominem
attacks on Ralph, but those memories are tempered by uncertainty,
therefore I cannot make an entirely confident assertion. My
reservations were motivated by honesty. You, on the other hand, have
no memories of me raping a monkey. You motivations are unfathomable.
Is it Christian charity?

> That doesn't excuse its offensive usage. "Negro", "Bitch", and "Cripple"
> also didn't have historically offensive historic use, why aren't you using
> them? You knowledge that it is offensive to Christian and unwillingness to
> change, is a sign of disrespect to Christians.

Offense taken at the word "Xtian" is manufactured by shallow people
who enjoy being outraged. No one has ever been followed in the
streets by crowds taunting "Die, Xtian!" First, because it is
unpronounceable. Second, because we have never lynched Christians in
this country, or denied them employment opportunities because of their
gender or handicap. The word "Xtian" has no earned hateful meaning.
At the most, it is used by bored unbelievers teasing the thin-skinned.

By the way, I have't used the word "Xtian" in a directed sense, not
once, in this dialogue.

> I think Jesus takes offense to people using words intentionally to hurt and
> mock others. So yes, I do.

Jesus-the-Thin-Skinned-of-Nazareth.
Jesus-the-Terminally-Stupid-of-Galilee. Nah, neither sobriquet has
much of a ring to it. Besides, neither shows much respect for him,
and I respect Jesus (or at least I respect the substance behind the
man/myth). Jesus was neither stupid nor thin-skinned. He knew that
he would have followers who would enjoy taking umbrage on his behalf,
hoping to feel like martyrs. He certainly would have felt sorry for
him, but I elect to believe that if, or when, they moaned to him of
their nomenclature abuse that he clapped them on the shoulder and said
"Get a life." Or maybe, "Go out and feed someone, and stop stressing
about the piddly shit."

Chas

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com