[Vision2020] Everyone Deserves Death

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon May 19 19:01:06 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Ralph Nielsen <nielsen at uidaho.edu> wrote:

> And whether something is true or not does not depend on the number of believers
> one can persuade. It depends on the evidence.

I normally agree with you, Ralph, but not here.  What's true or not
doesn't depend on the evidence, it depends on whether it's true or
not.  Evidence can convince us that something is true, but it can
still be false.  And vice-versa.

Of Christian theology, 100% can't be proven.  The evidence is
immaterial (and I mean that in both senses of the word).

Hebrew 11:1
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of
things not seen."

I'm not a Christian, but this conception of faith is part of the
bedrock of Christian theology.  I'll be willing to discuss this
further when I get back from watching Prince Caspian.

Chas