[Vision2020] rebates

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Sat May 17 17:25:38 PDT 2008

According to a story in the paper, the IRS sent the wrong amount to
many. They are now sending letters with the correct amount. If the
amount in the letter matches the amount on the check, it is OK to
spend it. If the IRS sent too much, they will take (probably without
notice) out of your account if you did a direct deposit. If they sent
too little, you can claim the amount that is missing on next year's
return.

The first notice the IRS sent everyone (notice of goodies) cost $46
million. Imagine how much the letters will cost. At least the post
office is stimulated.

Kit Craine