[Vision2020] And So It Begins

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed May 14 06:20:35 PDT 2008

Bush trumps up the fear card, well seasoned with super strength CRAP-ola.

See how many fallacies, innuendo, and self-grandising lies you can count
from this article.

Hint:  There is one in virtually every paragraph.

>From today's (May 14, 2008) Spokesman Review -

----------------------------

Bush worries about potential for attack

WASHINGTON – President Bush said Tuesday he was disappointed in "flawed
intelligence" before the Iraq war and was concerned that if a Democrat
wins the presidency in November and withdrew troops prematurely it
could "eventually lead to another attack on the United States."

In an interview with Politico magazine and the Internet portal Yahoo, Bush
also said he gave up golf in 2003 out of respect for U.S. soldiers killed
in the war.

"I didn't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the
commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the
families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think
playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

Bush said he made his decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United
Nations headquarters in Baghdad.

A question submitted from the online audience asked Bush whether he felt
he had been misled about Iraq as he made the decision to go to war.

" 'Misled' is a strong word," he said. "Not only our intelligence
community, but intelligence communities all across the world shared the
same assessment. And so I was disappointed to see how flawed our
intelligence was."

"Do I think somebody lied to me? No, I don't. I think it was just, you
know, they analyzed the situation and came up with the wrong conclusion,"
he added.

He acknowledged concerns about leaving the unfinished Iraq war to a
Democratic successor. Both Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton have
said they will bring troops home if elected.

Bush said his "doomsday scenario of course is that extremists throughout
the Middle East would be emboldened, which would eventually lead to
another attack on the United States."

Also in the interview to an online audience, Bush:

•Said more is known about global warming than when he first took office in
2001. Asked if it was real, Bush said, "Yes, it is real, sure is." Still,
he defended his opposition to the Kyoto treaty on climate change. "I could
have supported a lousy treaty and everybody would have went, 'Oh, man,
what a wonderful-sounding fellow he is.' But it just wouldn't have worked."

•Said his Christian faith increased while in office, saying he sought to
understand his weaknesses, better himself "and get closer to the Lord."

•Criticized former President Carter for advocating what he called a "blame-
Israel-for-every-problem" mentality to the Middle East.

•Said he would return to using e-mail after he leaves office, saying he
gave it up to avoid leaks. He said he looks forward to "e-mailing to my
buddies. I can remember as governor I stayed in touch with all kinds of
people around the country, firing off e-mails at all times of the day to
stay in touch with my pals."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)