[Vision2020] Interfaith Panel Thurs. May 15

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue May 13 17:58:20 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Kai Eiselein, Editor
<editor at lataheagle.com> wrote:

> Fruit salad? Or to put it more simply, "Separate, but equal"?

Not at all.  Different, but equal, yes.  Separate, but equal, no.

I favor Korean, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Italian, and Tex-Mex
cuisines, pretty much in that order.  However, because I favor those
cuisines doesn't mean that I dislike others.  I love to eat.  Still, I
would be disappointed if I went to a Tex-Mex restaurant and discovered
that it tasted like what I had just eaten at a Thai restaurant.  I
appreciate varied cuisines for their differences, not their
similarities.

I feel largely the same about gender, race, religion, sexual
orientation, etc., and that's what I mean with the fruit salad
metaphor.

Chas