[Vision2020] The lowly M's

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun May 11 06:22:02 PDT 2008

Two other things to throw on top of what Carl said.

First, the M's were supposed to be good. On paper, they look good, or at least
they looked real good on paper when the season started.

Second, who's to say that they won't turn it around? The Red Sox had a
drought of World Series victories from 1918 until 2003 but then won one in
2004 and another last year and look like they are on the way to a third in 5
years. I can tell you that the Red Sox fans that I know no longer feel the
pain! If they had given up, though, the winning would have been worse!

Actually, isn't this why you and I contribute to V2020? It looks good on paper.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Scott Dredge <sdredge at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The M's have lost 9 out of their last 10 games and have the worst winning percentage in the American League.  Pathetic.  It's more painful watching them than watching Idaho football or basketball.

I don't know who the M's are, or what sport they play, but if it has
been painful to watch them for 9 out of the  last 10 games... then why
do you bother?  Is masochism a requirement for sports fans?  :-)

And if watching Idaho football or basketball is only slightly less
painful - but still painful -- then the same question applies for
them!

Chas

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com