[Vision2020] One Specific Apology and Retraction

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Fri May 9 21:36:30 PDT 2008

Nick,

I don't think you need to feel too apologetic about your remark.

I have on file a recent podcast interview with an oldtimer in Ireland
who said, "In 1961, when the Taliban was still in control of
Ireland ...", meaning the Catholic Church. This was on RTE (Radio
Televisuon Eirann?), the government radio out of Dublin.

I was 10 days in Ireland myself a year ago. It was not a bit like
what I had read and heard it was like in the old days. I carry a
pocket radio when I travel, and I didn't hear one single word about
religion and not a single religious radio station. Not a bit like
back home. And I didn't see a single priest, brother or nun, either.

Ralph Nielsen

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net

Fri May 9 16:30:30 PDT 2008

Greetings:

Thinking back through my long debate with Doug Wilson and his
associates, there is one specific deletion that I have just now made
on one of my columns.  In "Chilling Parallels between Muslim and
Christian Fundamentalists," I called Christ Church "The Moscow Taliban."

I now apologize for that insult and I have removed that sentence from
the web version.  I stand by everything else in this piece that one
can read at

www.home.roadrunner.com/~nickgier/parallels.htm.

Nick Gier