[Vision2020] [CORRECTED] Republicans Vote Against Mother's day

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 9 18:57:14 PDT 2008

>From "Think Progress" at:

http://tinyurl.com/4alzmt

"On Wednesday, the House took up the seemingly uncontroversial H. Res.
1113, “Celebrating the role of mothers in the United States and supporting
the goals and ideals of Mother’s Day.” The resolution initially passed 412
to 0, until Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-KS) rose in protest:

Mr. Speaker, I ask for a recorded vote because I’m sure every member wants
their mother to know that they have supported the goals of Mother’s Day.

Tiahrt’s mother, however, may be disappointed to know that her son did not
support Mother’s Day. He and 177 other Republicans decided to cast their
vote against mothers."

House Resolution 1113 - "Celebrating the role of mothers in the United
States and supporting the goals and ideals of Mother’s Day.”
(attached).

So, there you have it, Visionaires.  Republicans simply do not like
mommies.

To the rest of you, though . . .

Happy Mother's Day.