[Vision2020] Sali Seeks to Delay Mexican Consulate

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 22:18:27 PDT 2008

Chas,

  I don't think a baby can be guilty of a crime, and I wasn't insinuating that. Keely knows that, and it was either a joke, or she was being intellectually dishonest.

  My point was she was offended by the use of a word to describe a baby to illustrate a context, I was demonstrating the point that liberals do that same thing using the term fetus when they want to abort it, and baby when they don't.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Donovan Arnold
wrote:

> Why do liberals call them children when they are illegal immigrants but an
> aborted fetus when they are an economic inconvenience?

This thread has grown puzzling. First, because I am mystified by
Keey's objection to the use of the word "spawn." I consider it nearly
synonymous with the word "offspring," both of which I have used to
refer to my own children, with no derogatory intent. I also refer to
my brothers and sisters as "siblings," and to my wife, occasionally,
as "spouse."

Donovan, I THINK this diversion occurred because of your fractured sentence:

"If someone born here is born here in the commission of a crime
against the country, I don't think you can argue that always
necessarily entitles automatic citizenship."

Keely playfully pointed out the infants cannot be guilty of committing
any crime. I think that this should be uncontroversial.

So why the abortion hijack? The obvious answer to your question --
obvious to this liberal, anyway -- is that I call children "children"
and fetuses "fetuses." Setting the semantic squabble aside, how is
your question a logical response to anything that has come before?

Chas

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com