[Vision2020] Thoughts on horse racing

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Mon May 5 15:20:32 PDT 2008

Thanks, Carl, for sharing this.  While I know there's big money in horse
racing, the exploitation and to date inherent cruelty of the "sport" of
horse and dog racing where animals are treated as "investments" capable to
turning a profit rather than as the sentient beings they are has always been
problematic for and nauseating to me.  I'm saddened to hear that yet another
great horse lost her life so that we could be "entertained."

Maybe - just maybe - Americans have finally had enough of these needless
deaths and will demand reform.  If so, Eight Belles' death won't have been
for nothing.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****