[Vision2020] Vision2020 Digest, Vol 23, Issue 26

donald edwards donaledwards at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 10:11:36 PDT 2008

Hey Tom, and lurking students,

 http://youtube.com/watch?v=1jQzzaiP9l4

Here's a newer cover version of "School's Out" that sticks pretty close to the original, musically, if you can look past the never ending stupid comedy of the gimic metal god's that are GWAR.  I am amazed they're still around because even back in the 80's & 90's they could hardly play their instruments and were always just looked at as a joke with pointless songs and a live show relying soley on shock value but now there seems to be a revival of masked creatures of rock so I can't guess what people will buy.

One commentor actually claimed that Gwar is better than Slipknot; which, anyone with half a brain and an ear for skillful guitar, drums, DJ, vocals and song complexity would know that the younger, harder Slipknot blows away the geriatrics that are Gwar.  They must be going on 50 years old!  That's if any, other than the singer, Oderus Urungus, are even original members.

Oh yeah, consulate-good, BushCo's stripping of freedom serving as a lesson not to repeat the mistake by electing McCain-neg turned to good, getting to read all sides of the arguments here on the Viz in an attempt to define my own views-priceless!

p.s. Keely, don't apologize for swearing on this forum, we're adults who won't blush by your words (any kids subscribed here are probably mature enough, too) and it reveals your passion for your cause when you are willing to break your status-quo to hammer in your point.  Keep up the good fight!