[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Uninsured adults 25 percent more likely to die

Ellen Roskovich gussie443 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 14:41:10 PDT 2008

The $35.00 per doctor visit is nothing.  What really scares the crap out of me is the $5000 yearly deductable I'm forced to have in order to afford any insurance at all.  Without that high a deductable, I would have to pay over $450 per month in premiums.  After my so-called retirement I had to do some shopping around to find an affordable plan. . . . and right now I feel like so many other Americans. . . I'm just gambling that I stay healthy.

Ellen A. Roskovich

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:13:18 -0700From: sslund_2007 at verizon.netTo: godshatter at yahoo.com; thansen at moscow.comCC: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Uninsured adults 25 percent more likely to die

In part Donovan wrote:
“I cannot afford $300 an office visit.”

Oh, for Pete’s sake – does Donovan have to exaggerate everything?!?!

I have a friend without health insurance who had to see a local doctor in January.    She was charged $95 for the office visit, which is less than three times the amount Donovan wants us to believe.

Now, I think $95 is pretty darn high, but that’s not the topic.

Perhaps Donovan could have made his point without the gross exaggeration, but he chose not to, which only hurts his credibility.

BTW, we have health insurance, and due to the erosion in benefits caused by the “free market” of the unfettered insurance industry, we pay a heck of a lot more than $25 for a local office visit.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus 70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum without the express written permission of the author.*****

From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com] On Behalf Of Donovan ArnoldSent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 11:57 AMTo: Paul Rumelhart; Tom HansenCc: vision2020 at moscow.com; Donovan ArnoldSubject: Re: [Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Uninsured adults 25 percent more likely to die

Paul,

I don't know where you get your information, but the government doesn't pay for my medical care. I don't get any medical care. I cannot afford $300 an office visit. Just isn't in my budget.

Now a person with insurance only pays $25 an office visit. I could afford the $25, but not the $300.

<snip>