[Vision2020] Words of our founding fathers, for Joe

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 09:24:17 PDT 2008

Kai,

What gave the coalition the right to decide 'How Iraq should be' in the '90s?  What, besides might, gives us that right today?

Sunil

From: fotopro63 at hotmail.com
To: joekc at adelphia.net
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 05:28:49 +0000
CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Words of our founding fathers, for Joe

The full emargo on Cuba was a waste of time. The ban on arms dealing with them was understandable, but the rest was BS.

Oh, and just before Kennedy tightened the embargo, he made sure he got 1,000 cigars before it went into effect.

The emargo on Iraq could have been avoided if the coalition had the backbone to take Saddam out in the first war and split the country into three as it should be.

> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:02:33 -0700
> From: joekc at adelphia.net
> To: fotopro63 at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Words of our founding fathers, for Joe
> CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
>
> Kai,
>
> I'd be interested to know what you think about the embargo on Cuba, or Sunil's "preferred ... embargo on Iraq." Note that I never said that we should boycott economic dealings with China. I just wonder why we deal with them and not others.
>
> A better analogy: I admit that we shouldn't limit freedom of speech but that doesn't mean that one has a right to say whatever they want to say. Insulting speech should be avoided -- not prohibited but avoided. (Not that I haven't broken this rule myself! Which is why I can easily tolerate the failures of others!)
>
> Walmart's "savings" come at the cost of human rights violations. No matter how you cut it, that is wrong -- unless you think that rights only belong to us and not others. You don't need to advocate an embargo in order to speak out against folks who profit from human rights violations. If you were a true conservative -- one who wants to conserve the main ideals of the founding fathers -- you would speak out against this, too. All men (meaning all people) are created equal.
>
> --
> Joe Campbell
>
> ---- Kai Eiselein <fotopro63 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You mean words like these?
> "I am for free commerce with all nations, political connection with none, and little or no diplomatic establishment. And I am not for linking ourselves by new treaties with the quarrels of Europe, entering that field of slaughter to preserve their balance, or joining in the confederacy of Kings to war against the principles of liberty." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:77
> Note the portion that says "...free commerce with all nations..."
> Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes.
> http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/ZuneADay/?locale=en-US&ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Mobile_Zune_V3

Test your Star IQ Play now!