[Vision2020] A Little Saturday Morning Humor

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Mar 29 06:27:28 PDT 2008

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked
about his bill and the barber replies,

"I cannot accept money from you.  I'm doing community service this
week."  The florist was pleased and left the shop.

When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning there is a "thank
you" card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill,
the barber again replies, "I cannot accept money from you.  I'm doing
community service this week."  The cop is happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a "thank you"
card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later that day, a college professor comes in for a haircut, and when he
tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, "I cannot accept money
from you.  I'm doing community service this week." The professor is very
happy and leaves the shop.

The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a "thank you"
card and a dozen different books, such as "How to Improve Your Business"
and "Becoming More Successful."

Then, a Congressman comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his
bill the barber again replies, "I cannot accept money from you.  I'm doing
community service this week."  The Congressman is very happy and leaves
the shop.

The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen
congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the
citizens of our country and the members of our Congress.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)