[Vision2020] Words of our founding fathers, for Joe

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:39:18 PDT 2008

You mean words like these?
"I am for free commerce with all nations, political connection with none, and little or no diplomatic establishment. And I am not for linking ourselves by new treaties with the quarrels of Europe, entering that field of slaughter to preserve their balance, or joining in the confederacy of Kings to war against the principles of liberty." --Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1799. ME 10:77
Note the portion that says "...free commerce with all nations..."