[Vision2020] Recall the city council

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:15:56 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net> wrote:

>  It is a shortened version of the name, Donovan. It is no more disrespectful than your calling me "Joe" even though my given name is "Joseph."

I know a lot of people who refer to Wal-Mart as "Wally World," and the
term is meant affectionately.  Ditto "Mickey D's" for McDonald's.

My wife refers to Thanksgiving as "Turkey Day" or "T-Day," and she
isn't being ornery, either.

People shorten, whether in print or in voice.  That's why I go by
"Chas" instead of "Charles."  I hated "Chuck"  and"Chucky" and
"Chuckles" and "Chucky-Baby" and "Charlie" and "Charlie Brown."  I
actually complained, however.  So far, Wal-Mart nor McDonald's not
Thanksgiving have voiced a complaint.