[Vision2020] Food/gas prices

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 20:13:26 PDT 2008

This is why you need a Wal-Mart Super Center in Moscow, the competition keeps the prices low.

  Of course Winco is going to pass on the costs of increased transportation and utility costs for food if they don't have any competition to keep it down.

  The cause of this price increase is the War in Iraq. The War has caused Bush to print more money, weakening the value of the dollar, which means we pay more weaker dollars to get the same amount of oil, which causes everything to go up in price.

  A bomb going off in Iraq impacts the price of a chicken in Moscow, Idaho.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Ellen,
I've noticed the same thing. It has been a challenge for me to figure out how to get the fresh fruits and veggies. I've been able to adjust what I buy at the grocery store (more often than not, Winco) but it isn't the same quality. I can only imagine how it affects those whose budgets were already fiscally challenged.

Ellen Roskovich <gussie443 at hotmail.com> wrote:      .hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma }   Yesterday afternoon I noticed some bare spots in the cupboard and decided it was a good time for a Winco run.   As I walked up and down each aisle I noticed that all the familiar products I've been buying for years have their prices jacked up 20 - 25%!!   And that's just since the first of the year.  These aren't seasonal adjustments we're talking about either. . . .  I  know this is a direct result of the rising gas prices.  I'm paying more for my Nalley's chili and my kitty's Friskies.

I've decided they must be feeding chickens crude oil because the price of eggs have been through the roof for months now.  Usually you see a price break around Easter, but not really this year.

I'm used to volatile cheese prices. . . a real pain in the patooty for pizzeria owners. . .but what's up with flour?  I've heard there's a shortage and I noticed that Winco has raised their French bread. . .about 20%.  You can't blame them. . . they're not running a charitable institution.

But it just really sucks when you realize that because of the rising fuel prices, you're getting kicked in the ass and socked in the gut.

Ellen A. Roskovich

  In a rush? Get real-time answers with Windows Live Messenger.=======================================================
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com