[Vision2020] about this new mall . . . .

Ellen Roskovich gussie443 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:17:42 PDT 2008

I have a question.  For just one moment, let's put aside the water and location issue.

We all watched the old "Moscow Mall", our very first mall,  die a slow and painful death. It arose from the ashes as the "Eastside Market Place".  However, I don't really consider it a mall or a marketplace. . . it's more like a "service center" with a few shops and restaurants placed there for convenience.  You can't get a haircut there.  You can't buy a coat or a pair of shoes.  No reason to take the kids for "back to school" shopping except for cheap pencils at the Dollar Tree.

We've watched a parade of businesses come and go out at the Palouse Mall.  Is it ever fully occupied?  Seems like there's always vacant shops.  Does the parking lot look busy except for specal weekends?  Ever walk in and feel like you're the only one there?  Kinda spooky isn't it?  I think you know what I mean.

Now, will someone please tell me why we NEED this new mall which is way bigger than both the Eastside Market Place and the Palouse Mall combined.  What makes it more magical?

And please don't reply to this if all you can come up with is I'm "anti-growth".  That is too absurd to even acknowledge.  I'm a former business owner. . . . I'm all about growth.

Ellen A. Roskovich