[Vision2020] Pat's opinions/ was (no subject)

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Mar 19 23:46:51 PDT 2008

Pat writes:

"Come On French and Fox...lets get over it and stop
attacking our city
council. If the IDWR says no its over if they don't we
have an
opportunity to be involved in a way we would not have
been able to
before. All these questions have been asked and
answered at many
meetings. To say that anyone 'lied' is slanderous. Get
over it!!"

Pat is wrong here, as when Pat wrote this on Tue, 6
Apr 2004:

"As to the war being about oil and revenge for daddy.
This shows such a complete ignorance about oil in the
world and who Bush is that it isn't even worthy of a
site where people claim to be learned."

and this on Mon, 5 Apr 2004:

"How about...We are a bunch of cowards who don't mind
genocide in Iraq as long as it doesn't touch us??  Oh
excuse me, it already did kill 3000 in New York! Did
you forget that?"

In context of this quote from the New York Times on
Wed, 19 Mar 2008:

"“Five years after the fact, I believe that one of the
reasons the administration’s efforts are so unpopular
is that they chose not to engage in an open public
discussion of what the consequences of the war might
be, including its economic cost,” Mr. Lindsey wrote in
an excerpt in Fortune magazine."

and from estimates of $1 to $4 trillion for the cost
of the Iraq War on top of all the dead and injured
humans, Pat seems out of touch with reality.  While
Pat may be comfortable with her world view and
beliefs, I for one do not appreciate where the Iraq
War has led our country nor where Moscow's current
city council led us with the Hawkins deal.

Fortunately, our local guys are way more accountable
than our national leaders, thus we should be demanding
answers to these questions in regards to Hawkins and
demanding that important decisions be made with full
public participation.

The views Pat expresses as quoted above do not seem
best for Moscow, our country, or our planet, for that
matter.  Perhaps, though, Pat does not believe Iraqis
were behind 911 anymore, or that oil was not a major
reason for the war, or that Bush is a competent leader
of the free world...

gclev